Introduction and Overview
During the introduction and overview module, students learn about the course functionality as well as the requirements to competently progress through the lessons. The remainder of the module focuses on topics that introduce workers to Lif tTrucks, the legislation, training requirements, and factors that contribute to incidents.
- Lift truck overview
- Lift Truck incidents and contributing factors
- Standards and legislation
- Training and physical requirements
Equipment Types, Anatomy & Components
Module 2 will introduce learners to the various types of lift trucks as well as their most common features and components. The module will conclude with learners becoming familiarized with required lift truck maintenance and inspection principals.
- Types of lift trucks and classification
- Component identification
- Features and attachments
- Pre-operational inspections
Stability and Capacity
Module 3 covers the cornerstone of lift truck safety; stability and capacity. Throughout the module, students learn about stability and capacity-related principals, factors that affect stability, and how to prevent stability-related incidents. The entire module puts focus on lift truck tip over prevention since tip-overs are a leading cause of lift truck-related fatalities.
- The stability triangle and trapezoid
- Load center
- Nameplate and Capacity
- Factors that affect stability
General Operation & Safety
Module 4 cover general operation and safety principals. Students will learn how to select the correct lift truck and attachments based on the tasks that they’re required to perform. They’ll also learn how to safely travel loaded and unloaded, how to safely handle various types of loads, and how to operate during unique scenarios, among other things.
- Truck and accessory selection
- Load selection, security, and integrity
- Load pick up, placement, stacking, and destacking
- Docks, trucks, shipping containers, and railcars
- Ramps, grades, and elevators
- Lifting, lowering and supporting personnel
- Shutdown procedures
Refueling / Recharging
In the final module of the Online Lift Truck Certification training course, students will learn about principals relating to safely refueling and recharging their equipment.
- Propane cylinder exchange
- Propane cylinder inspection
- Refueling other hydrocarbons
- Battery recharging and exchange